Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

abs filament problem

Posted by haroldj 
abs filament problem
April 12, 2014 08:36PM
Hi all, first time posting here.
I am having a problem with a new batch of filament that I bought from digitude silicon valley on ebay. I got 5 rolls and am having problems trying to get them to print.
The black and red will print and stick together, but the filament varies in diameter so it gets stuck in the extruder (will try to send it back.)
The yellow and blue makes very nice looking prints, but they have no streength because the layers wont bond well to each other. I have tried temps from 210 to 270 degrees and it does the same thing.
My printer works well with filaments that I got in other places. Any suggestions or help will be very much appreciated.
The white I haven't tried yet.

I thought the vast knowledge here, somebody would be able to tell me what is going on.
THANKS in advance
Re: abs filament problem
April 13, 2014 12:04AM
Unfortunately it sounds like it's just bad filament. There are many places selling cheap stuff with little regard for quality. Good news is that since you got it on ebay, it should be covered under buyer protection. I like filament from Ultimachine and Lulzbot. Both seem to have good consistent quality.
Re: abs filament problem
April 13, 2014 06:02PM
I have had great luck with 51buyusa on ebay. I just tried another seller because they had a better color selection.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login