Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Micro Center filament for $19.99

Posted by gadittri 
Micro Center filament for $19.99
January 25, 2014 02:45PM
I am not sure if this is the place to post this but Micro Center has filament for 19.99. I was wondering if anyone has anything to say about it? The brand is "Toner Plastics" which has a MicroCenter label. I picked up two spools of ABS because they were out of PLA. They sell Makerbot filament too but it cost anywhere from 47-109.

-Greg
Attachments:
open | download - Untitled.jpg (54.9 KB)
Re: Micro Center filament for $19.99
January 25, 2014 04:02PM
I've never seen it this cheap! Let us know how it works out smiling smiley
January 25, 2014 04:14PM
Interesting. I see the "velleman" and makerbot filament on their website for $40+ per spool but not that stuff. I like that they have green and silver PLA.
January 25, 2014 04:38PM
would be great if i didn't need to drive 1200miles to the nearest store. these prices are for pickup only.

makes sense though if you are near one with these state initials.
CA,CO,GA,IL,KS,MA,MS,MI,MN,MO,NJ,NY,OH, and TX!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 05:08PM by jamesdanielv.
January 25, 2014 04:44PM
Don't forget about TX, I am fortunate to have one across the street from my work. Once I get my printer going again I can let everyone know how it works. The sale ends tomorrow and the price goes back to 40.
January 25, 2014 08:41PM
iquizzle
Interesting. I see the "velleman" and makerbot filament on their website for $40+ per spool but not that stuff. I like that they have green and silver PLA.

same here. do not see sale one.
anyone have link?
January 25, 2014 09:21PM
You will have to add your store for inventory search

[www.microcenter.com]#
January 30, 2014 10:12AM
All,

I started using the 20 dollar Micro Center ABS and although it had some moisture, it still printed acceptable. I measured the diameter in several places and it was 1.73-1.75. Overall i'm happy with it and If this stuff goes on sale again I will definitely buy some more. Hopefully next time my store will have the PLA to test.

-Greg
Attachments:
open | download - CIMG1758.JPG (189 KB)
open | download - CIMG1760.JPG (136 KB)
open | download - CIMG1761.JPG (166.1 KB)
open | download - CIMG1763.JPG (172.9 KB)
open | download - CIMG1764.JPG (172 KB)
open | download - CIMG1766.JPG (148.3 KB)
open | download - CIMG1767.JPG (150.2 KB)
July 12, 2014 07:21AM
Microcenter has the toner plastic on sale again but for 15.99 this time. I have been using nothing but this stuff and have been very pleased with it.

[www.microcenter.com]
July 13, 2014 05:13PM
I just bought one spool of every $15.99 Toner Plastics item they had in stock at their nearest store to me (60 miles away). Unfortunately, I accidentally twisted my ankle loading it into my car at the store, so I left it out in the driveway for now after a painful drive home in traffic and hobbled into the house..... sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2014 05:13PM by vreihen.
July 13, 2014 05:36PM
That sucks dude, sorry to hear. I bought 6 rolls of different colored ABS. I haven't tried the Toner PLA because my ABS has been working good for me. PLA causes my printer feeding problems and I wouldn't trust it on a 30 hour print.
July 13, 2014 07:11PM
My wife jokingly said that my next project should be a DIY X-ray machine as she was taping up my swollen ankle! smiling smiley

Seriously though, my printer project has reached the point where it is time to start gathering an inventory of various colors and types of filament to make thing that aren't printer parts, and a couple hundred bucks goes a long way to filling up the workshop with $15.99 spools. I just wish that they carried orange filament, because I think that I'm going to be using a lot of it in the future. One of the spools that I bought was black ABS, which is probably the best non-scientific test for filament quality.....
A2
July 13, 2014 08:24PM
@vreihen : Here ya go, and I hope you heal fast... winking smiley

Build your own CT Scan, (Computed Tomography), or Cat Scanning, (Computed Axial Tomography):
1. [www.tricorderproject.org]
2. [www.tricorderproject.org]
3. 3D Slicer – Open Source Software for CT and MRI Radiology [ducknetweb.blogspot.com]
4. Portable EEG [hackaday.io]
July 15, 2014 09:49AM
@A2: My wife and doctor would both get a laugh out of me building my own Donut of Death (TM)!!! Last year, I was at the hospital for a stress test the day that Apple released iOS7 to the public. The two Donut of Death Operators (DoDO for short) both had iPhones, and were installing the update with me loaded into the machine and being scanned. For some reason, the DoD would finish 75% of its scan, and then abort the test with an error that they had never seen before. Two hours into what was supposed to be a 20 minute scan, they scrounged up a spare set of EKG leads from another department and that seemed to fix the problem. After the test was over (and much to the frustration of my doctor), I spent 1/2 hour with the DoDO's showing them how to use all of the new features in iOS7 while the next patient was scanned. Long story short, I told both my wife and doctor that I would never allow another test that used a DoD, so it is film X-ray or nothing for me.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login