Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Program it to order needed parts online

Posted by Mick Darling 
I just came across this a few days ago and was showing my father. He asked if the software for it would order any parts that the RepRap itself couldn't build.
I saw a mention of having a catalog of possible reprappable things listed, I would also recommend adding in some way to automatically order the extra parts.

If this is something that is already being discussed can someone please point me the way towards it, since my search didn't turn anything up.

Thanks
Mick
Not at all a bad idea. Some future version of the RepRap software might use a file format that includes the data to fabricate the RepRapable item, and a checklist of parts that would be ordered from various parts suppliers. The suppliers could be selected based on item price, shipping price for the specific shipping destination, etc, to optimize the cost of the supplies. Eventually, parts suppliers may even format their online catalogs to be compatible with automated ordering systems.
Re: Program it to order needed parts online
October 12, 2009 04:37AM
Whose credit card number should we program it to use..? tongue sticking out smiley
I've heard of people posting lists of credit card numbers to UseNet. The software could check UseNet periodically for new credit card numbers.smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login