Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone dealt with sainsmart.com bad buisness..

Posted by hellorous 
Anyone dealt with sainsmart.com bad buisness..
September 29, 2013 07:09AM
Sainsmart.com don't order from these people website says located in USA but items coming shipped from China a week later and my items are still in pre shipment and very very slow to respond to emails on items. Has given no information on items. STAY AWAY .
Re: Anyone dealt with sainsmart.com bad buisness..
September 29, 2013 07:12AM
5251 West 16th Place,

Suite 200, Leawood,

Kansas, 66211,

United States

323-372-3043(Only accept phone calls for wholesale business)

P.S: The above address is not a return address.

For technical support, order relate and payment Issue, and if you need to return item(s), please contact us.
September 29, 2013 07:22AM
Welcome to the global economy!

I can't speak for the email service, but their website is clear they mainly ship items from China and the delivery time is 10-15 days. In that respect, they are no different than all the other Chinese distributors.
September 29, 2013 08:06AM
I ordered several items from them. Shipment varied a lot from 2 days to 2 weeks. I believe they have local warehouses, lets say several in Europe or maybe also in the US. Sometimes they ship from within the country, and if the items are not on stock they ship from China.
This is our new world and we will see more of that in the future. I dont think it is Sainsmart alone, more and more companies are offering items locally and shipping globally. Product quality so far was good,, prices are very good so I will order again. But if you need a speedy and reliable supplier beware who can guarantee you the lead time, choose another one.
Just can recommend you to complain and have the term "negative rating" in your posting ( if ordered over ebay). They will really do something and hurry to avoid that.
I know how it feels when this happens, but with the final rating be a bit generous. if they get too many negative ratings on ebay, they will Powerseller status, benefits, rebates etc. which will make shipping and products more expensive for ALL us other customers as well, because then they will have to pay more commission to ebay.
So file a complaint and tell them hell, my experence ist that they try to avaoid negative feedback and will offer a suitable solution.
Better rate them generously, give a positive rating and then write in the comment line what was not ok, long lead time etc.

Blogs:
Meine 3D Druck Abenteuer
[3dptb.blogspot.de]
FLSUN Delta Drucker für Deutschland
[flsun-deutschland.blogspot.com]
Books on 3D patents:
[goo.gl] (english)
[www.amazon.de] (deutsch)
September 29, 2013 08:22AM
edited

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2013 09:27AM by hellorous.
September 29, 2013 08:28AM
Well I am happy to see you have at least received your items I have not. As far as coming from China I did not see that posted on page can you provide me with a link? The about me says they are located in USA not China. I order from tigerdirect.com their parts are not coming from China ( maybe made there) but a reliable company( for computer parts) I was expecting the same profession type of buisness from any other company that puts a website out to sell items. But I thank you for the input.
September 29, 2013 08:44AM
BoBC I see what you are saying about warehouse in USA, Europe, and China. I took it as tChina was for Asia area so on Europe for Europe USA for USA for faster shipping. China to USA is not fast shipping but you are correct on post.
September 29, 2013 09:01AM

SainSmart is based in Delaware, also having several oversea warehouses in places such as Germany (Leipzig, Werne) and China(Canton), which ensures delivery for customers from Asia, Europe and other parts of the world. The biggest warehouse is in China, where most of the products are shipped from.
(My emphasis)

Delivery:

Standard Shipping

Items will be shipped via EUB to USA, reaching you 10-15 days.

Items will be shipped via China Post for countries outside US, reaching you 15-20 days.

All seems pretty clear to me. It is always inadvisable to make assumptions based on experience with other suppliers.

Sainsmart are cheap, and generally you get what you pay for. I ordered from them recently and it took less than 10 days to deliver. The quality looks adequate, not the best build, but typical for other cheap chinese stuff I have seen.

I think China is generally 10-15 years behind Western manufacturers in terms of quality and service, we have come to expect top quality every time but the Chinese are still working on that. You have to bear that in mind when ordering to avoid disappointment.
September 29, 2013 09:27AM
Thanks alot guys next time I'll not assume and read all. smiling smiley My fault I will post back if items arrival and how long and what condition since I started this for future people. But If you do order expect items not to even be shipped out for a week at least . This has been my experience so far with them and 2-3 days on email replies.
September 30, 2013 10:03PM
A lot of the Sainsmart stuff is fulfilled by Amazon (so it ships from a domestic warehouse with Amazon.ca's usual shipping times). I notice all of the filament is like that as well as some of the electronic kits. Just search Sainsmart and filter by "Free super saver shipping" to see what is available in this manner, so you can get the products without having to deal with large variations in shipping times.

Something like this: [www.amazon.com]
October 01, 2013 02:56AM
frontier204 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A lot of the Sainsmart stuff is fulfilled by
> Amazon (so it ships from a domestic warehouse with
> Amazon.ca's usual shipping times). I notice all of
> the filament is like that as well as some of the
> electronic kits. Just search Sainsmart and filter
> by "Free super saver shipping" to see what is
> available in this manner, so you can get the
> products without having to deal with large
> variations in shipping times.
>
> Something like this:
> [www.amazon.com]
> s%2Ck%3Asainsmart%2Cp_76%3A2661625011&keywords=sai
> nsmart&ie=UTF8&qid=1380592649&rnid=2661623011

cree

did anyone here know the cost of Amazon fulfillment? it seems like $10 or just under when I looked at it... so how are any of these companies making money? its not exactly a high volume drop ship classic scenario, the kind with $2 margins
October 01, 2013 03:04PM
I recently got a SainSmart stepper motor and servo / motor control shield from one of the many sellers on Amazon who ships from the US and I'm quite pleased with it - I'm using it for a 2 micron precision control actuator. The Amazon seller was AToshin and it was shipped by Amazon.

I usually prefer to get things that are fulfilled by Amazon. Of course you can get stuff shipped from China as well which is usually good for the harder-to-find things you don't mind waiting 4 weeks for.

For example, there is a larger selection of high-power diode laser components available with direct shipping from China smiling smiley
You can also pay a bit more (sometimes not such a huge difference) and get the same thing from someone in the US.
October 12, 2013 06:53PM
Hi update items arrived nicely package in plastic container took 21 days from time of order. Will update more once installed.
SainSmart Mega2560 + A4988 + RAMPS 1.4 3D Printer KIT For Arduino RepRap
20-013-200 $79.99 ty
October 30, 2013 10:42PM
Well after trying to install the hardware 2 out of 5 stepper boards are bad. I emailed them and this is their reply.

Hi,

We apologize for sending out defective merchandise to you. This is certainly not indicative of the high-quality products that we strive to provide all of our customers. Fortunately, we do have a replacement to send out to you at this time. We will send you a replacement ASAP.

While generally we would ask you to return the item to us so we could send it back to the manufacturer, as an exception for this particular merchandise, please feel free to keep, discard, or re-appropriate the item as you see fit.

Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, and do let us know if we can be of any further assistance in this matter.

Regards

Wisely

So when I will get replacements no clue will update further in furture.
November 11, 2013 11:28PM
Well replacement boards are here took 10 days. Will test them out in next few days.
December 19, 2013 05:10AM
12 days after order was made and payed for:
"We have to inform you that you need to pay the extra shipping fee." - $73 more!
Shipping Method: Standard Shipping - China Post

For a total of $106.98 worth of goods, plus $5 shipping.

Dang, for that kind of delivery price one could send it into space (500 $/kg).
Anyone on ISS need RAMPS and stuff?winking smiley

Edit: arranged free shipping via china post.
Funny thoughsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 05:26AM by jalmasi.
December 24, 2013 03:15AM
My experience with them: I've purchased a ramps bundled with some other stuff from them and I'm pleased with the service and quality - of course it takes some time to ship, but price (and delivery was free afair) and quality are worth the waiting.
December 24, 2013 07:42PM
Just wanted to put in my 2cents and worth every penny.

I've printed a lot of Sainsmart ABS filament in the past few months. I started getting it from Amazon and then from Ebay. Ebay user TradeSpotting has done me right for many orders. I've printed a whole lot of filament and this is the most trouble free and consistent I've found. I'm paying $27 a kilo USD delivered.

I've had troubles with other suppliers filament. Sainsmart is by far the most consistent printing filament yet.
February 10, 2014 12:21PM
Before I ordered I sent them a email querying a statement on there web site that says if your order is grater than $100 they will upgrade your order to expedited shipping. On receiving an email from them stating that this is correct I then ordered $200 worth of stuff. The order then just remained in the processing state. So I then emailed them asking when they where going to ship my order.

They then Sent me an email stating that my order was to heavy and that it could not be sent via standard shipping and would I please pay another $30 for shipping! So I then questioned this stating that I had an email confirming that orders above $100 are upgraded to expedited. There reply was " we can not ship your order as we will loose money"

So please be warned that this company will not honor what is written on there web site.
February 26, 2014 07:01PM
I just recently ordered and received my package after several incidents/mistakes due to terrible communication.
My order was $150 and it was sent via express without additional charge. The obvious and annoying problem is they do not responsive, it took several days to respond to my emails and kind of loose track of conversations. Communication is very bad.

My order is two RAMPS Sets (Arduino, shield and stepper driver). One of the arduino seems to be defect, I can not connect into it. I already email them but no response after 2 days, so writing here. As bobc said, the product is cheap, adequate, not best one. But if they are slow on response or ignoring customers, it is hard to be ok as alternative buy.
March 01, 2014 09:32AM
China isn't far behind in service and quality, its just that we often associate china with the bargain basement deals that we love to go after. Of course quality and service is going to suffer when your paying 10% of what you would pay anywhere else. I'm sure if your willing to pay regular prices and your dealing with companies in china you will get the same quality and service you get in the US. That said if your paying full price you might as well deal with local companies so there is no shipping delay or language barriers.

Most of the high quality, high tech products we use are made in china. The iphone is the state of the art in manufacturing and its made in china.

Many of the low quality items we associate with china are the seconds off the assembly line that didn't make the cut for the brand name. Other things are just made cheap because we are demanding a cheap price. When you have no brand to protect why wouldn't you sell crap because people want it cheaper.

If anything the western world is falling behind China. With them making everything they are building up a highly skilled workforce that is only getting stronger while the western world has been loosing quality craftspeople left, right and center. We have been too obsessed with pushing people into arts degrees, sales and paper pushing for too long. That combined with free trade, labour laws and environmental laws has made it impossible for west to stay in the lead. You can't have free trade with countries who don't have the same labour and environmental laws and still compete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2014 10:31AM by garak.
March 03, 2014 02:28AM
To be fair with Sainsmart, I got replacement of the defective part. Just received it today.
March 03, 2014 11:08AM
garak
Many of the low quality items we associate with china are the seconds off the assembly line that didn't make the cut for the brand name. Other things are just made cheap because we are demanding a cheap price. When you have no brand to protect why wouldn't you sell crap because people want it cheaper.
In some cases that is true, but not always. In other cases the product is exactly the same just has a different non-premium brand and doesn't have the same resulting markup.

At a previous job, I worked for a hardware store co-op. The company was increasing it's direct global sourcing for private label hand and electric tools (among other things). The sourcing manager toured multiple factories where our items were made on the exact same production lines as items from the like of Stanley or Black and Decker (then separate companies) were made on. They were the same tool, just a different color plastic for the injected molded casing and a different sticker. I have a pair of aviation snips at home that have my company name stamped on them, but molded in the grips was the Kobalt (Lowe's "premium" store brand) icon. It was a production sample of what our tool would look like.
March 03, 2014 11:37AM
don't ever buy direct from china unless you understand the risks, export laws and quality guidelines.
June 08, 2014 06:34AM
I have been trying to get a replacement board for months. Never again! Ali express proved to be a better source for Chinese parts
August 22, 2014 04:28PM
I have not received my order yet, despite previous correspondence. I ordered in May. Please advise. I have a very disappointed son who asked me to order this for his birthday present which has now long gone. I have emailed twice in the past with only an auto responder response. Please advise.
Kind regards, Susan

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
12-May-2014 Payment To E-commerce Solution by SAIN3 Completed ... -$58.99 USD

Payment Sent to:

payment@sainsmart.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shopping Cart Contents

Qty Item Options Price
1 SainSmart UNO R3+Distance Sensor Starter Kit With 19 Basic Arduino Projects
Item # 20-013-104*WB $53.99 USD
1 Shipping
Item # Standard Shipping - China Post $5.00 USD
Amount $58.99 USD

Invoice ID:

Unique Transaction ID #0WG12910089547420

Funding Type:
PayPal Funds
Funding Source:
€44.24 EUR - PayPal Account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 22, 2014 08:33PM
Dispute the charge with PayPal, even if it is past their dispute window.....
August 28, 2014 09:06PM
It's hit or miss with SainSmart. Sometimes their components work great, sometimes they don't work at all. In my experience, customer service is not helpful. The warranty period begins when you order, not when you receive the product, which can knock almost a month off your warranty period.
November 27, 2014 03:50AM
I ordered 7'' touch screen with drive board in SainSmart. Unfortunately it is not working as it should. Their support sent me some kind of manual, I checked all cable connections many times and still nothing - it just does not work. I asked how should we proceed with this issue but I have not got respond for 3 days...
December 28, 2014 08:19PM
Hi.

I've just bought 2 x 10.1 inch non touch screen with controller at their homepage.

Seems that one of em was dead, and I've send em an email about this.

First of all they want me to record a video of how i attached the monitor to the controllercard (DUH!! It work on the second one, how should that be different!!)

If I want a new replacement, then they think I must send their dead product to them, and I have to pay for it by local mailman to germany, NO FU..... WAY.

I will NEVER buy any of their product in the future, and for the rest of you who will... GOOD LUCK, and cross your fingers that its not broke at arrival, else you are lost!!!!

Regards
Frank (Denmark)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login