Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repraper.com - please read!

Posted by waitaki 
Repraper.com - please read!
June 28, 2013 03:03AM
Check out the latest announcement...
and comments on the red highlighted text?

[www.repraper.com]

June 28, 2013 06:20AM
"Our merchant challenged us lots of times that why we sell products much cheaper than theirs"

What?
Who, what!?

I don't understand parts of the site, and it looks like some cheap way of getting more members. Maybe they are going to sell their company and they want a bigger memberbase so they can ask more money for their brand when they sell it?
Re: Repraper.com - please read!
June 28, 2013 07:08AM
"Our merchant challenged us lots of times that why we sell products much cheaper than theirs"

wouldnt that be pointless isnt the merchant the supplier to them so if the sell it cheaper than theres they would make a loss confused.com

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
June 28, 2013 07:13AM
It looks like to me that he didn't price any overhead in his prices to cover selling to resellers. His original plan was direct sales I guess. That's a common business mistake. Thus his resellers are stuck with having to price their plastic at higher prices than the source.

So, he's raising his website prices so that the resellers have prices that look better. The side effect is that people stop buying directly from him, allowing him to focus on volume shipments instead of individual. That eases up on the work involved in getting things shipped out. The real money is in volume sales of course.

On the other hand, he doesn't want to create any hard feelings out there, so he's grandfathering anyone who has run across his website and registered.

I don't think its a push to get more people there. I think its more just a case of trying to juggle those things. The only reason it looks strange is because he always is honest (as near as I can tell) in his communications rather than trying to cover up the motives. With the broken english and honesty, it can be confusing. I think the intentions are good though and I appreciate the honesty from him.
June 28, 2013 01:24PM
Almost all the filament on small rolls you see being sold by companies like voxel factory, and every single little guy selling reprap parts is selling filament they purchased from RepRaper.com. But you could buy direct from RepRaper for less then you would pay from one of their resellers so the resellers were no longer wanting to buy their product. Now they have to raise their retail price to match that of what their resellers are charging to ensure they still make the important sales, bulk wholesale sales to the resellers. So what they are doing now will also piss of the resellers as they are still being cut out of all the sales to the registered buyers on RepRaper.com.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
June 28, 2013 01:48PM
The reprapper 1.75mm PLA filament I recently got has been awful to use. Is it just me or has anybody else had issues.

Issues such as large variations in diameter measurements in the filament , first layer print failures, excessive stringing and clumping.

I'm thinking this filament expands quite a lot more than the last lot of filament I've been using from a different supplier.
June 30, 2013 05:42PM
That's an unfortunate name for a website.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
June 30, 2013 05:55PM
What is unfortunate, the misspelling or the reference to Walmart? Actually I don't understand the latter, I doubt he is affiliated with the retail behemoth and I would think Wal-Mart would have sent him a real nice Cease & Desist by now.
June 30, 2013 06:25PM
Ah yes, inadvertent names for websites, like the website expertsexchange.com which changed to experts-exchange.com to avoid confusion with "expert sex-change".

The website owner mentions that repraper.com is changing to reprapper.com, as part of justifying the cost increase, but domain names seem pretty cheap.
June 30, 2013 06:35PM
Darn, I just got the inadvertent part of the name. eye rolling smiley Sorry but English is not my native language.

Now I understand why they wanted a name change!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login