Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

quality of 3dprinters-shop prusa i3?

Posted by uris 
quality of 3dprinters-shop prusa i3?
May 27, 2013 03:47PM
Hi, I'm interested in buying a rep rap but as for many here the budget is quite limited.
Now there is this offer from the 3dprinters-shop for a prusa i3 full kit at about 450€.

Does anyone here have ordered and built it?
What about build and print quality? what about reachable speeds?

Any feedbacks welcome
Thanks!
Uris.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2013 05:00AM by uris.
Re: quality of 3dprinters-shop prusa i3
May 27, 2013 04:20PM
where you from and have you looked at the wiki and thought about sourcing all the parts yourself, i have my build cots is around £389 it has gone over that but that's down to my preferable upgrades im putting onto the machine just a idea also look at all other i3 variants theres some cheap frame kits out there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2013 04:24PM by chris33.
Re: quality of 3dprinters-shop prusa i3?
May 28, 2013 05:26AM
Hi, I live in Switzerland. I would self source if there would be substantial saving or difference in quality. This is why it would be interesting to know more about users who bought it, if the quality is good or if there are important corners that have been cut.

More in general I did not find any page where speed and precision of an i3 was reported. Also the official page on the reprap wiki has just question marks. For instance how does a metal frame i3 compare to a mendelmax?

Greetings
Uris.
May 28, 2013 07:03AM
Well prusa i3 speeds I do not know, I don't. Know what the quality of 3dprinters, they have On one of the kits attatched the z motor mounts wrong way I would go the prusa i3 github get the frame file and enquire at any local laser cutters or waterjet cutters, people on here will print u parts for cost if u enquire,
May 28, 2013 07:26AM

I would self source if there would be substantial saving

Usually, self-sourcing is quite a bit cheaper. There are lower priced electronics than RAMPS, price for wood is almost neglibile if you cut it yourself, etc. You'll learn more, but also have more work (like roughly understanding how the printer is built before unboxing the parts).

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 05, 2014 06:36PM
Update:
I recently bought their Prusa i3 MasterKit
and I am really satisfied with both the quality of the parts and also the delivery speed an such.
Also after the purchase I was able to get to them really easily through their website-chat thing on their site.

This is my second printer and for a total (taxes and shipping) of 535€ I would buy it again anytime.

I am now starting to print tuning parts and another kit for a friend^^

Alex
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login