Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Move to Thermocouple

Posted by mohammad2013 
Move to Thermocouple
May 17, 2013 10:51PM
Hi,
I am reading too many confusing topics of using thermocouple With RAMPS 1.4. can any body help me how can i use K type Thermocouples instead of using Thermistor? I need to extrude Poly carbonate at 320 degree so i believe zthermocouple is prefered.
what is the best amplifire board? what changes in Merlin software? Please kindly help me.
Re: Move to Thermocouple
May 17, 2013 10:53PM
one more thing, is it possible i use thermistor for chamber and thermocouple for two nozzles? how about all 3 thermocouples?
May 19, 2013 01:28PM
any body can help? sad smiley
May 19, 2013 01:46PM
You'll need additional electronics to use a thermocouple with Ramps.
It's simple enough, basically one of the chips designed specifically for therocouples, some firmwares haves support for one or more of these chips.
As to supporting combinations of thermocouples and thermistors I'd have to look at the firmware source code.

My blog [3dprinterhell.blogspot.com]
May 19, 2013 09:23PM
Hi, Thanks for eply, so can you tell me what kind of electronics? what software version? I am reading related topics and i can not find a clear answer.
May 19, 2013 09:33PM
Repetier has support for the MAX6675, but if your trying to keep this simple, you'd probably be better of with megatronics instead of Ramps, it has thermocouple support on the board.
If your new to all of this I'd strongly recommend starting with something you know works, there is more than enough to debug on the average build without adding in untested electronics.

My blog [3dprinterhell.blogspot.com]
May 20, 2013 03:35AM
I'm using a separated PID temperature controller with a thermal coupler and solid state relay. My hotend is powered by 120v though.

This is my temperature controller: [www.ebay.com]

The disadvantage is that the firmware has no control over temperature.Have to do it manually
May 20, 2013 06:49AM
for ramps, a board like this works : [reprapworld.com]

10€
May 20, 2013 10:59AM
Polygonhell: i can not find "MAX6675" any more in the market. i suppose there is a newer version and still its not compatible with the Rapms. any comment? Can i se thermocouple with Marlin?
Alj-rprp: Thansk for the link, can i use it with RAMPS and Marlin Firmware? Do you know what modification i have to do it the software?
May 20, 2013 11:16AM
it's all in the link, but [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login