Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bugs in actual language.h: Solved / Update

Posted by zacbot 
Bugs in actual language.h: Solved / Update
December 24, 2012 10:40AM
I wanted to change the Display language to German. So I changed in file language.h the following line:

#define LANGUAGE_CHOICE 1 ---> #define LANGUAGE_CHOICE 4

And compiled but with errors. Then I tried all other available languages. No one will compile, except English. I noticed that the type of errors change, it depends which language was selected! Reprap Forum didn t help either.

The error code
Marlin_main.cpp: In function ‘void process_commands()’:
Marlin_main.cpp:862: error: ‘MSG_RESUMING’ was not declared in this scope

There is an inconstancy in the code of language.h. Certainly because I am using the latest Marlin Build. The variable ‘MSG_RESUMING’ is missing in all non english languages. So adding this variable to the selected language section solves the problem. To get the the German umlauts (ä, ö, ü, ß), I had to use Escape sequences in text. For other languages one can use [www.charbase.com] to get the needed code.

Bellow is the my version (not official) of the German translation.

Zacbot
(Aktuallisierte version immer hier) [www.eventorbot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2012 06:06PM by zacbot.
Re: Bugs in actual language.h: Solved / Update
December 24, 2012 02:13PM
This is probably better off as a issue in the github page? That said i think it doesnt present itself well in the wiki, it should start with a short introduction. It should mention that it is the software that is programmed into the atmega on the 3d printers.
December 24, 2012 03:50PM
I posted it here because I saw a thread related to it but lost the link.

The bugs contained in language.h are not hardware related. But you get compiling problems if you activate a language other than english (for example to be used in a display)

If you find the information useless, let me know so I remove it.
December 24, 2012 06:07PM
Hi

I have posted it at [github.com]

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login