Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer not responding to MKS full graphics touchscreen

Posted by papilio 
Printer not responding to MKS full graphics touchscreen
February 19, 2018 10:57PM
I recently replaced the stock board on my Anycubic delta with an MKS Gen v1.4 board and full graphics LCD touchscreen (both clones, links below). I get a display and can navigate the menu but the printer will not respond to anything entered via the touchscreen. For the time being I'm just using my old alphanumeric LCD 2004.

Any ideas what I might check?

Board link
LCD link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2018 11:00PM by papilio.
Re: Printer not responding to MKS full graphics touchscreen
February 19, 2018 11:56PM
That sort of display is really a small computer and lcd and touch screen.

As such it sends commands to the controller over serial, so you have to set the baud rate correctly or it cant communicate
February 20, 2018 12:15AM
Thank you very much Dust, feeling embarrassed that I didn't think of that! ATM I'm a couple of hours into a sixteen hour print but I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes.
February 20, 2018 01:48AM
I'm afraid I'm stuck again, my SET screen has no entry for CONNECT as I'm seeing in the MKS TFT32 install videos. I then went to Github and downloaded the latest version, it's different but still missing that entry (second image). Is the firmware linked below correct for this?

Firmware

[Edit] Okay got it! smiling smiley The config file just needs to be edited to change baud rate.
Thank you Dust!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2018 02:03AM by papilio.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_6901.JPG (94.8 KB)
open | download - DSC_6902.JPG (86.6 KB)
February 20, 2018 04:51AM
now you know how to update the screen, may I suggest you switch to the win tile style, it more complete and reliable with a filament change compared to red or blue style. its just a more cheerful screen to view

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2018 05:04AM by jinx.
February 20, 2018 04:59AM
Hey jinx, thank you I will! Sounds nice, makes me wish I hadn't started another long print just now. I notice that, as nice as the graphical touchscreen is, the functions currently look rather limited even compared to my old display.
Might I ask how that's done, it's not one of the templates available and I don't see it in the config file. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2018 05:02AM by papilio.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login