Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Heating Failed" error when not heating

Posted by chantling 
"Heating Failed" error when not heating
January 11, 2018 02:53AM
I'm running Marlin on a printer with a laser diode attached in lieu of a print head. I'm not heating the print bed or the hotend, and I don't have a hotend thermistor attached to the laser, either. I'm using the fan pwm to control the laser's ttl, so basically my gcode consists of home, move to origins and raise the laser to the focal point, and then the X/Y movements and fan control. Nothing fancy.

However, I always get an error that heating failed at the end of the print. Doesn't matter if I run the code to completion or if I cancel the print, it always errors out and has to be manually reset before I can control it again from my print server. I append code to my 3D print gcode files in my slicer that shuts down the heaters, but I don't use the slicer for the laser, so that's not it. I double-checked that I don't have anything being added via Octoprint. Basically nothing affects the heaters in any way through the print. In Octoprint both heaters show as "off" the whole time.

The code's in Temperature::manage_heater(). Buzzer.h and utility.cpp both have calls, and there are two calls in marlin_main.cpp. But in looking at them I can't see why any of them would trigger at the end of a print. Anybody have any idea to fix or work around this?
VDX
Re: "Heating Failed" error when not heating
January 11, 2018 03:01AM
... in Marlin4Due, used for pastedispensing and laserengraving without heaters, I've set the min-temps to "0":

#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 0
#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 0

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
VDX
Re: "Heating Failed" error when not heating
January 11, 2018 03:01AM
... in Marlin4Due, used for pastedispensing and laserengraving without heaters, I've set the min-temps to 0 in "Configuration.h":

#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 0
#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 0

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login