Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3dstuffmaker.com - opinions?

Posted by EMDF 
Re: 3dstuffmaker.com - opinions?
September 02, 2014 09:38AM
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THE INPUT...i am obviously to poor to be trying this as a hobby i D/Led the Repetier software yesterday took it home and loaded it onto my system for printer..(old vostro laptop) and got the message "out of video memory error" so then proceeded to try the Cura software which seemed to require less system resorces got through all the set up and tried to load a file and nothing?...but a bunch of laytent screen images sooo...thinking that i need to review my stratagy in regards to finding a system that can handle the software. but in the meantime i will try the code commands from your post in the original software (Pronterface) in hopes that i might be able to get printer running on older original XT system. i do appreciate all your help ...thank you very much...Chris
September 02, 2014 03:51PM
I have an old laptop i use for printing and i get loads of image errors and i cant use the platter view screen. Other than that the software works. It doesnt bother me because i use the slic3r as a standalone package so I dont need the view screen. The Gcodes still work though.
September 03, 2014 11:33AM
any ideas on how to disable the viewer in the Repetier software? i like what i have seen of it the most and seems to be what i am looking for in printer control but...can't get beyond "out of video memory/ exception on view" thanks...
September 04, 2014 09:30PM
I am not sure, I just open the temperature curve window and ignore the errors. It works for me that way. It could be that you have a different problem to me. I think mine is related to the graphics card in the old laptop. in my new laptop everything works fine but i print on my old laptop.
September 04, 2014 11:34PM
Well I figured out a solution to the 3DSM extruder clutch popping problem. I replaced the pressure plate screw with a slightly longer one. Then I took a paper-clip and threaded it through the hole in the clutch arm and down around the longer screw. I know I am defeating a safety but as far as I can tell the clutch only exists to ruin a perfectly good print.

Thanks Mike
September 08, 2014 04:12PM
still just a temporary fix ...once the wear portion of the clutch gets worn down it will start again...been there done that...best of luck...i hope to be trying the "m" commands tonight try to print something again...it has been couple months since last try ...
September 08, 2014 06:30PM
I used a zip tie at the end of the day,
your to right,

Id rather my extruder eating filament than stopping all together
September 09, 2014 01:35PM
i tried the "M" commands last night ...looks like they may allow me to print something but still unsure if it will keep the settings for entire run (job) will be trying this weekend...wish me luck...
September 09, 2014 05:00PM
Type M500 immediately after you alter any setting, this saves it to the EEPROM. You can check if they are saved using M501.
If it shows up the way you changed it when you type M501 then it's become part of your firmware. Make sure to keep a note of what you change and then if you ever get into the Marlin code you can make the change in your code. That way if you ever re-flash the firmware you don't have to go through all of the changes again because they will be in your firmware already.
September 09, 2014 10:39PM
nechaus
I used a zip tie at the end of the day,
your to right,

Id rather my extruder eating filament than stopping all together

Aye!
How I got a Wade's extruder to work.
September 09, 2014 11:32PM
Well I am back up and printing again. The 3DSM extruder just failed way too many times. So First I ordered a wade's extruder from e-bay. Wade's

After it arived I had to reverse my stepper motor instead of trying to get into the cripled 3dsm firmware I just took the wires out of the socket and reversed them. Then I started looking around for ways to mount it. First I tried This mount but the new extruder was too strong and kept trying to flip it over and push the bowden’s tube out of the socket. I finally just Zip-tied everything together and hoped for the best.

While not great it was good enough for me to print out a Ultimaker Travel mount . The bottom clips are not far enough down to hook into the sockets on the 3DSM's mounting bracket but it's really tight so I don't think I will have any problems.

After that was someway to attach the bodwen's tube to extruder that was better than zip ties. I found lots of clamps but most of them wanted you to thread a nut onto the bodwen's tube which just wasn't happening for me so I went with This clamp and after some experimentation decided that zip ties are useless for applying pressure. After a long nap I remembered I had picked up two tiny hose clamps at the hardware store just in case and Hooray, Clamps meant to hold hoses in place do in fact hold hoses in place! They also let me pull it apart so I can feed new filament into it.

After that it was just experimenting in Cura to find the right settings for the filament I went from 2.8mm at a 115% flow rate to 3.0mm at 70% flow on the same filament. My first print looks amazing. It’s the best thing looking thing that has come out of my printer.

Thanks Mike

September 10, 2014 01:29AM
Does anyone here know of a listing of the 3DSM parts. I am looking for a replacment J-head plate. It would be nice to print up some spares because soemthing is going to break sooner or later.

Thansk Mike
September 10, 2014 01:32AM
if you contact them asking for the .stl they should be able to send you the file.
I asked them about 15 months ago and they were able to provide some of the parts but not all...

I just got them to send me the gear files in the end and use that gearing... Some of the gears on thingiverse do match.. but do not have the bookmarks anymore.
September 10, 2014 02:42AM
I will ask next time I see the support staff pop up on skype. Something like that would be good to put in their 3dstuffshare site. Which is where I started my search.

Thanks Mike
September 10, 2014 02:55AM
Miertam
I will ask next time I see the support staff pop up on skype. Something like that would be good to put in their 3dstuffshare site. Which is where I started my search.

Thanks Mike

it seemed like such an effort for them to give me the .stl because its all laser cut and the files need to be converted they told me.
But they done it for me ages ago so they should of uploaded it to 3dstuffshare instead of all the useless crap they have on it... I have not been on that site for over 12 months
September 10, 2014 05:43AM
Well that was useless. Contacted support they said ...

[9/9/2014 11:41:40 PM] Sir Ket: Hello, I bought one of your i2 prusa Kits a few months ago. I was looking around for the .STL files so I can print out spare parts for my machine but I can't find them on the 3dstuffshare site. Am I just missing them?
[9/9/2014 11:42:13 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Hi.. This is Jane.
[9/9/2014 11:42:28 PM] Sir Ket: Hello this is Mike
[9/9/2014 11:42:37 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: You can get STL files from 3dstuffshare.com and thingiverse.com
[9/9/2014 11:42:51 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Or you can draw your own files
[9/9/2014 11:43:34 PM] Sir Ket: Umm I am looking for the .stl files for the printer itself.
[9/9/2014 11:43:59 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: ok
[9/9/2014 11:44:02 PM] Sir Ket: in particular the j-head plate and the X carrage.
[9/9/2014 11:44:45 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: You cannot get the perfect size in sites. You have to draw by yourself..
[9/9/2014 11:45:02 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Anyways try in thingiverse.com
[9/9/2014 11:45:47 PM] Sir Ket: You are saying you don't have the files for the printer you sold me?
[9/9/2014 11:46:21 PM] Sir Ket: Can I buy a new j-head plate?
[9/9/2014 11:46:31 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Yes.. but the exact measurements you cannot download from sites
[9/9/2014 11:46:37 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Yes you can buy
[9/9/2014 11:48:45 PM] Sir Ket: I found the carrage but not the plate itself. Do you have a link to where it is in the store?
[9/9/2014 11:49:08 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Please contact iprint.sales skype id.
[9/9/2014 11:49:13 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: They will help you

so I go to Sales..
[9/9/2014 11:51:30 PM] Sir Ket: Hello, 3dstuffmaker support said you would be able to help me.
[9/9/2014 11:51:37 PM] iprint sales: yes
[9/9/2014 11:51:43 PM] iprint sales: This is jasmine
[9/9/2014 11:51:47 PM] iprint sales: srom sales team
[9/9/2014 11:51:52 PM] iprint sales: How may i help you
[9/9/2014 11:52:31 PM] Sir Ket: I was looking for the .stl files for the j-head plate of my i2 Pusa kit.
[9/9/2014 11:53:33 PM] Sir Ket: or failing that a link where I could buy the j-head plate.

and then nothing..
I am offering them money and they ... there are just no words.

Anyway, I have spent the last 3 hours digging around thingverse for the j-head groove plate but since they use a modified X-carriage I have had no luck. If anyone has a link to one I would be super grateful I think it's time for bed..

Thanks Mike
September 10, 2014 08:03AM
Did you get a disc with your printer? Mine had a few STLs of gears on there. If memory serves me, they were replacement extruder gears. I will check when I get home this evening and see if there was anything else on there that might help you.

Also, I encourage anyone who has gone through as much frustration as I have to write a letter to Australia's ACCC. It's their equivalent to the Better Business Bureau and from Aussie's I've contacted, they take those complaints very seriously. I suspect even more seriously when a company is using Australia as a front to an Indian based business. 3DStuffMaker has been ignoring me for almost 3 months now and I've used up my other courses of action.
September 10, 2014 08:16AM
yeah I was under the impression it was Fully Australian when i made the purchase...
I cannot figure out why they do it, maybe its a combination of things...Maybe to evade consumer laws in Australia, they are very tight.

I remember I had a paypal dispute, But in the end they kept on reassuring that it will be fine..ended up getting replacement parts quickly ect..
They gave me some very crude advise, being a noob i took it all seriously, they basically led me down the path of extreme frustration and many hours lost being told useless unhelpful crap. I had to filter out the crap advise which was hard.
They reverted back to things like my filament being bad, I had over 5kg that i tossed... That hurt.. My new system will extrude dirty filament if I wanted to with out much trouble.

100% there extruder and especially the hot end is a total piece of shit.

Its one half ass business.
Looking at companies like QU-BD that sell stuff for like $200 thats is pretty much the same kinda quality it seems for way less price.

3DSM would be okay if it was $500 for their best printer, then i would not of complained, but mine orignally cost something like $1000 and was cracked and broken out of the box, using crap red snapper software thats super old. It would of been easier to use a 3d printing pen back then.

all in all, i wish I came to the reprap site first and studied it hard...
Now i have multiple printers. but no more 3dsm...

The only helpful person was jane I think, she was pretty intelligent and fast at troubleshooting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 08:18AM by nechaus.
September 10, 2014 08:29AM
from what i can tell they aren't actually an Australian company at all, their domain name is registered to an address on the outskirts of Sydney, however the actual place is an optometrists , there is also no ABN number that i can find on their website,

has anyone got an ABN number from any invoices/receipts?

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

September 10, 2014 08:41AM
nechaus

The only helpful person was jane I think, she was pretty intelligent and fast at troubleshooting...
Well that is a surprise to read. She is the one that is giving me the biggest headache. She was very rude on Skype the last time I called and is literally ignoring my e-mails (have sent other messages from different account to get fast reply). I'm not sure of her relation to Rob Grosche, who seems to be the head of tech support, but both have not been helpful at all in my case.
September 10, 2014 08:48AM
thejollygrimreaper
from what i can tell they aren't actually an Australian company at all, their domain name is registered to an address on the outskirts of Sydney, however the actual place is an optometrists , there is also no ABN number that i can find on their website,

They advertise the shit out of the fact they are based in Australia! Right on their website they list their address as Penrith, Australia. The phone number they list is an Australian country code. I just asked their online sales guy what country they are based in and he said Australia. But everything I've seen and heard is straight out of India. So who knows what scam they're running but it doesn't sit well with me. I have not seen an ABN number anywhere.
September 10, 2014 08:54AM
s10blazed
thejollygrimreaper

They advertise the shit out of the fact they are based in Australia! Right on their website they list their address as Penrith, Australia. The phone number they list is an Australian country code. I just asked their online sales guy what country they are based in and he said Australia. But everything I've seen and heard is straight out of India. So who knows what scam they're running but it doesn't sit well with me. I have not seen an ABN number anywhere.

the address i know is dodgy, the phone number is mostly likely infact a skype number

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

September 10, 2014 09:47AM
Miertam
Well that was useless. Contacted support they said ...

[9/9/2014 11:41:40 PM] Sir Ket: Hello, I bought one of your i2 prusa Kits a few months ago. I was looking around for the .STL files so I can print out spare parts for my machine but I can't find them on the 3dstuffshare site. Am I just missing them?
[9/9/2014 11:42:13 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Hi.. This is Jane.
[9/9/2014 11:42:28 PM] Sir Ket: Hello this is Mike
[9/9/2014 11:42:37 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: You can get STL files from 3dstuffshare.com and thingiverse.com
[9/9/2014 11:42:51 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Or you can draw your own files
[9/9/2014 11:43:34 PM] Sir Ket: Umm I am looking for the .stl files for the printer itself.
[9/9/2014 11:43:59 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: ok
[9/9/2014 11:44:02 PM] Sir Ket: in particular the j-head plate and the X carrage.
[9/9/2014 11:44:45 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: You cannot get the perfect size in sites. You have to draw by yourself..
[9/9/2014 11:45:02 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Anyways try in thingiverse.com
[9/9/2014 11:45:47 PM] Sir Ket: You are saying you don't have the files for the printer you sold me?
[9/9/2014 11:46:21 PM] Sir Ket: Can I buy a new j-head plate?
[9/9/2014 11:46:31 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Yes.. but the exact measurements you cannot download from sites
[9/9/2014 11:46:37 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Yes you can buy
[9/9/2014 11:48:45 PM] Sir Ket: I found the carrage but not the plate itself. Do you have a link to where it is in the store?
[9/9/2014 11:49:08 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: Please contact iprint.sales skype id.
[9/9/2014 11:49:13 PM] 3Dstuffmaker Support: They will help you

so I go to Sales..
[9/9/2014 11:51:30 PM] Sir Ket: Hello, 3dstuffmaker support said you would be able to help me.
[9/9/2014 11:51:37 PM] iprint sales: yes
[9/9/2014 11:51:43 PM] iprint sales: This is jasmine
[9/9/2014 11:51:47 PM] iprint sales: srom sales team
[9/9/2014 11:51:52 PM] iprint sales: How may i help you
[9/9/2014 11:52:31 PM] Sir Ket: I was looking for the .stl files for the j-head plate of my i2 Pusa kit.
[9/9/2014 11:53:33 PM] Sir Ket: or failing that a link where I could buy the j-head plate.

and then nothing..
I am offering them money and they ... there are just no words.

Anyway, I have spent the last 3 hours digging around thingverse for the j-head groove plate but since they use a modified X-carriage I have had no luck. If anyone has a link to one I would be super grateful I think it's time for bed..

Thanks Mike

If you have a way to give me a picture and a few dimensions I will model it for you.
September 10, 2014 11:14AM
s10blazed
nechaus

Well that is a surprise to read. She is the one that is giving me the biggest headache. She was very rude on Skype the last time I called and is literally ignoring my e-mails (have sent other messages from different account to get fast reply). I'm not sure of her relation to Rob Grosche, who seems to be the head of tech support, but both have not been helpful at all in my case.

that sucks, i bet she is sick of all the returns because rob makes shit products....

Rob is the business owner. and he is aussie i believe.
September 10, 2014 11:16AM
we should all file a report to the ACCC, if one of us can be bothered.. we could include a list of customers, I have emails as evidence and records of payments ect...
I purchased a New product, Not a broken one.
September 10, 2014 11:50AM
IF ANYONE DOES SUBMIT A COMPLAINT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD MY INFORMATION I WOULD IF I ONLY KNEW WHERE TO START?...
September 10, 2014 03:05PM
nechaus
s10blazed
nechaus

that sucks, i bet she is sick of all the returns because rob makes shit products....

Rob is the business owner. and he is Aussie i believe.

after following a bit of the paper trail I've got serious questions about Robert Grosche even existing, the company details are very weird as there is multiple names involved and nothing is adding up,the ACN number (154 687 742) doesn't actually exist ,
then a buisness name search only gives a different partnership entirely http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByName.aspx?SearchText=3D+Stuffmaker

knowing the ACCC i'm not sure how far any of you will get, good luck though
September 11, 2014 09:33AM
Well....using the "M" codes did not work... it seems as though all that happens is that the steps speed is affected but also the feed speed (mm/sec.) after changing the E function with the "M92" command if I adjust in pronterface the feed ammount all the way down to "1" the extruder still puts out 6mm only does it extreamly slow... and you can not enter a smaller than "1" number...ie (0.1) just resets to zero!...only choice left is to re-flash firmware...Grrr!...I guess i can still try to reload the Gen 6 driver program from the web that was posted earlier in this thread have to go back and find it then start there.....learning to hate all over again...!!
September 11, 2014 09:09PM
i think eeprom is locked?
September 11, 2014 11:44PM
nechaus
i think eeprom is locked?

or they are using an extremely old version

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login