Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Resume on power loss feature?

Posted by sarf2k4 
Resume on power loss feature?
November 16, 2015 07:10PM
Hi,

I'm wondering about any features stated in the title above, can anyone point me out where should I look for this info actually?
Re: Resume on power loss feature?
November 17, 2015 04:46PM
I have it in mind to implement this in RepRapFirmware. However, you would need to provide backup power for a short time e.g. via a UPS, SLA batter or capacitor bank, to allow the head to move out of the way of the print and data to be saved to flash memory. It would work best with a delta printer, because you can re-home a delta without the print getting in the way.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Resume on power loss feature?
November 21, 2015 01:33PM
How about, writing a temporary gcode file, each line where it has been executed would be written the the temporary gcode file, but I'm concerned about the impact on performance later on.

And upon power resume or the power has recovered, the first thing to do is to check this file's final line, then compare with the original complete gcode and start midway of the complete gcode, use that as a pointer or reference to resume the print job.

Upon completing the print job, the temporary file would be deleted

Still, I'm wondering if this will really going to make a huge impact on the printer's performance, furthermore the z axis accuracy and pla would work best with this because using heated bed would give varied z height each print (I think).

Also I think most reprap firmware programmer already thought of this idea or method but proven to be somewhat "not relevant" or something due to several factors
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login