Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Documentation problem with slic3r or skeinforge

Posted by jwhitmore 
Documentation problem with slic3r or skeinforge
June 29, 2014 02:19PM
I've been working on getting my Huxely setup and struggling with the documentation at:

[reprappro.com]

When I change the settings to use Slic3r instead of Skeinforge inspite of making the change Pronterface gives an error message as it's still looking for Skeinforge! Can anybody tell me is the documentation wrong and should I be ignoring that section and still using skeinforge? If I indeed should change to Slic3r how do I stop the error message looking for Skeinforge?
Re: Documentation problem with slic3r or skeinforge
June 29, 2014 10:50PM
Try the version here [koti.kapsi.fi]. Extract all files. Go into the folder and delete the Slic3r folder and download a newer version from [slic3r.org]. Move the new Slic3r folder to where the old one was.
June 30, 2014 05:25AM
Thanks for the pointer. I went to that link, which only has Mac and Win versions. I'm on linux so I downloaded and unzipp'd the Mac version. Linux don't like it and there is no Slic3r in the directory structure unzipp'd

However I take it that the documentation is incorrect and I should be looking for a Linux compatible version of the Printrun project? I'll do that and see how I get on.
June 30, 2014 10:43PM
[www.reprap.org] This might help.

There is a Linux download on the Slic3r home page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login