Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who makes the highest quality RAMPS 1.4?

Posted by mattwold42 
Who makes the highest quality RAMPS 1.4?
June 19, 2014 09:43AM
I'm in need of a reliable RAMPS 1.4 board. I've been working with a cheap one and have run into numerous problems. Any thoughts on who makes a high quality RAMPS 1.4?
Re: Who makes the highest quality RAMPS 1.4?
June 19, 2014 12:52PM
Ultimachine seems to be a good choice. I bought this package: [www.ebay.com]

It came with a real Arduino and an Ultimachine RAMPS board.
June 19, 2014 01:06PM
That's the best bargain I've seen for any 3D printer board.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 19, 2014 02:11PM
TheSerialHobbyist

Ultimachine is the original creator of Ramps and his boards are good but expensive and always green. The kit you bought looks to have a geetech Ramps board which has not received the best reviews and if it is geetech may have some fake parts that will not last very long.

The best Ramps kit would most likely be an Ultimachine one but if you want cheaper but good and with a warranty I would go with RepRapDiscount.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
June 19, 2014 06:40PM
TheSerialHobbyist

I somewhat disagree.

My best experiences were with Gadgets3D.

They have outstanding boards, great stepper drivers with a 2nd pot meter to adjust so you can make your machine run as silent as possible and fast delivery. They have a special europe (.eu) and an international selling website.

Also, they have cooling elements on their MOSFET's something that helps a lot when using a heated bed. It's something you can do yourself, but in my city these cooling elements for MOSFET's are really hard to get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2014 06:40PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
June 19, 2014 06:51PM
I've replaced my RAMPS board a couple times..., not sure about BEST price, but I originally bought a kit from UltiMachine, which was RAMPS only, was pretty expensive, but wanted to support them since they are the original devs/creators of the RAMPS board I believe.

But now I go with lulzbot, price isnt bad, $45 USD:
[www.lulzbot.com]

I usually don't need to buy another arduino or stepper motors, and that board comes preassembled with mosfets, and holds up very nicely.
June 19, 2014 07:13PM
I also bought a couple Ramps/Arduino/Driver $40 packages from Sidewinderinc from eBay. They all work great and his shipping is pretty fast.
June 19, 2014 11:24PM
TheSerialHobbyist

As noted in the previous post, the parts in that ebay listing are a Geetech with an Iduino. An Arduino Mega is about that much alone, anything cheaper than US$40 or so is likely a copy. The Ultimachine boards have a green solder mask and an Arduino has a blue solder mask.

I've got a sample of a Brainwave from Geetech that I'm testing to include in a low cost kit. Build quality is excellent, and will move to burning it in in the next day or so. I also use Gadgets 3D and Ultimachine for completed assemblies and both vendors have excellent products and service.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login