Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best hot end

Posted by fredted1234 
Re: Best hot end
April 17, 2013 01:23AM
I recommend the SG2 or europa hot end, they are the best you can buy, and they have the best customer service. never jammed, very durable and well engineered, and bradley will make you whatever size nozzle you want, very nice guy.
April 17, 2013 10:04AM
Just seems to me, that any of the design that relys on plastic in the hotend is going to be suspect in the long run. The one above by theodlief, or the commercial Stepstruder from makerbot (http://store.makerbot.com/stepstruder-mk7-complete.html) have no plastic. No plastic = nothing to melt/deform/break. I'm using an MK V-B, J-Head hotend, and it oozes just a bit, at the brass/PEEK joint at temps over 225. It works well for me, but I've never tried ABS, still "learning" with PLA.

in beautiful southern, Maryland...
April 17, 2013 11:28AM
It seems to me that this entire thing (RepRap) is about using printed parts, and low cost. Any 3D printer would be more reliable if it used NO plastic parts, but then that is not practical !
April 17, 2013 03:58PM
Since all those webshops mentioned above with the Budaschnozzle and the J-head are sold out...

Will this be a nice alternative?
[www.ebay.nl]
April 17, 2013 04:38PM
I think the reprap project can have different values for different people. For example, while I can definitely appreciate the ideal of a 'self-replicating' machine, the machines that I use would place precision, quality and accuracy as a priority over cost or reprap print-ability.
April 19, 2013 09:07AM
Just wanted to comment on the original hot end that was posted by the OP,

I have tried it. It failed imidiatly and jammed, Was never able to really get it to print.

Steven.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login