Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can you help please spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by simonhoughton 
can you help please spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 14, 2012 12:25PM
Hi,

I have a RepRap Prusa with Sanguinololu electronics. We have connected it all up and had it working previously but now it won't work. Pronterface cannot connect to the printer: its says 'connecting...' and then nothing or 'Can't read from Printer'. The printer makes a squeaky noise when we try to connect. We're stuck on what to do. Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks alot!!

Simon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2012 12:29PM by simonhoughton.
Re: can you help please spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 14, 2012 12:45PM
Would love to help you, we just need more information.

What O/S?
Can your Arduino software talk to your Sanguinololu - if so, what COM port is it looking at?
Are you running the correct Baud rate.
Have you upgraded the Firmware?

It can be as simple as you have connected it to a different USB port and the O/S enumerated it to be a different COM port, check the Com port options under Pronterface.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
May 14, 2012 03:23PM
Try this:

Unplug the board from the computer.
Shut down pronterface.
Plug in the board again.
Wait for the computer to recognize the board.
Start pronterface again.
Connect.

Make sure you don't disconnect the board while pronterface is "connected" to it.
May 14, 2012 03:41PM
Since the machine whines when trying to connect you know you have the correct serial port. And since it is a Sanguinololu I would think it is an issue with trying to communicate at 250000 which does not seem to work well on them. I have to run my Sanguinololu at 115200. So my suggestion is change the firmware to use 115200, reload it and try connecting again at 115200.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 15, 2012 09:39AM
also if you are using ubuntu, try plugging USB into another port or shutting down then powering off pc and then powering off controller. do not plug in again until pc is completely rebooted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2012 09:41AM by jamesdanielv.
May 17, 2012 02:17PM
hello,

thanks for all your replies. I am running OS X and have the baud rate at 115200. So i don't know what to do..

any more ideas would be appreciated,

simon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login