Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin wont compile with gen 6 [solved]

Posted by banthafodder7400 
Marlin wont compile with gen 6 [solved]
April 15, 2012 10:50AM
I cannot get Marlin to compile! the direction on wiki arent making sense to me. This may seem like a bit of a rant too but it's necessary because I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had a problem.

So these are my steps
1. I have arduino 0018 already
2. I downloaded marlin from Github
3. I start arduino, I select sanguino under board (i have gen 6 elect.) and then my com port (COM4)
4. In wiki it says this:
wiki
For gen6 and sanguinololu the Sanguino directory in the Marlin dir needs to be copied to the arduino environment. copy Marlin\sanguino \hardware\Sanguino
4a. I open Marlin file folder I see Gen7,hardware,sanguino as folders then a bunch of files.
4b. I open sanguino folder
4c. my only options are bootloaders and cores for folders, there is no hardware like the directions say
4d. go back to marlin folder open hardware folder-->tools-->avr-->etc-->avrdude.conf

Therefore no file path I take can be what the wiki says. I have tried moving various things to arduino folder and no matter what I get an error /Marlin.h:47:21: error: WString.h: No such file or directory

So then I read the wiki directions a little differently to copy the Marlin/sanguino folder into arduino\hardware\sanguino... I get a new error /pins.h:635:3: error: #error Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu... but i dont have a arduino mega!

Please someone help these directions are hard to follow. also to mention the one line says
wiki
Start the arduino IDE. Select Tools -> Board -> Arduino Mega 2560 or your microcontroller Select the correct serial port in Start the arduino IDE. Select Tools -> Board -> Arduino Mega 2560 or your microcontroller Select the correct serial port in Tools ->Serial Port Open Marlin.pde
which i know means select serial port in tools --> serial port, and then open marlin.pde, but it's not writen correctly leading to further confusion that I quickly resolved.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2012 07:21PM by banthafodder7400.

Ryan
Quality Engineer & Hobbyist
thingsandtrains.blogspot.com
Re: Marlin wont compile with gen 6
April 16, 2012 05:34AM
It looks like the first error is sanguino not properly installed and the second error is wrong board selected in configuration.h.

-Follow the install instructions here: [sanguino.cc]
-Make sure Gen6 is the selected board in configuration.h

If you do that it should compile and install. If you get the stk500 error reset the board and try again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.Robosprout.com RepRap Mendel parts and accessories.
Message if there is anything you need...I have more than what is listed on my site.
Located in the Spokane, WA / Coeur d'Alene, ID area.
April 17, 2012 07:23PM
No diceconfused smiley

Redownloaded in new folder then,
changed to config.h to proper settings gen6, set correct temp sensor, etc. Read through the whole configuration.h code.

When I go to verify compile this is what I get.

error: 'LCD_PINS_RS' was not declared in this scope In function 'void beep()':
In function 'void beepshort()':
In function 'void buttons_init()':
In function 'void buttons_check()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::showPrepare()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::showAxisMove()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::showTune()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::showControlTemp()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::showControlMotion()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::showControl()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::showSD()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::showMainMenu()':
In member function 'void MainMenu::update()':

Any ideas?

Ryan
April 17, 2012 08:46PM
Ok so I made those errors go away by comenting out "//" all of the LCD stuff at the bottom of configuration.h that I missed.... now when i sketch i get

1: error: pasting "DIO" and "-" does not give a valid preprocessing token In function 'void bed_max_temp_error()':

Fixed by commenting out this section too...

Now my axis wont move in the negative direction. Been trying for over an hour. Tried changing
const bool X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = true for each axis to both true and false and it made do difference. The directions for positive movements in pronterface are correct. It will not home and it will not move negative. The Marlin changeover is kicking my but for a few days now confused smiley

additional info that may help: #define min_software_endstops true //If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
If I set this to false I can move both directions

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2012 10:34PM by banthafodder7400.
April 18, 2012 07:21PM
dont know what i did or how but i got it to work and my code is posted here.

[forums.reprap.org]

Ryan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login