Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Powering Sanguinololu with laptop power spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by simonhoughton 
Powering Sanguinololu with laptop power spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 17, 2012 03:03PM
I have a longboat prusa. I do not know how to connect the Sanguinololu to the laptop power supply. It has a range of 15v to 24v on one of the power blocks and 12v to 22v on the other (there is two - one for the electronics and another for the heated bed).

Can someone please advise me on how to connect the Sanguinololu to the mains.

Attached is a picture of the end of the laptop power supply connection. Should I insert a wire into each hole and connect it to the Sanguinlolo?

Thanks alot,
simon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2012 08:07AM by simonhoughton.
Attachments:
open | download - photo-1.JPG (316 KB)
Re: Powering Sanguinololu with laptop power spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 18, 2012 12:19PM
You could just cut off that connector and strip the insulation off the wires.
Is there a reason you need to keep that connector on? If so, just buy a male version of that connector, wire it up to your board, then plug your power supply in when needed.
Re: Powering Sanguinololu with laptop power spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
February 18, 2012 01:05PM
You should get a bunch of various adapters with the psu that plugs into the connector pictured, so if you don't want to butcher the wire, you could instead solder wires to one of the adapters and extend them to the electronics.

Take note of positive and negative!

--
-Nudel
Blog with RepRap Comic
HJ
December 08, 2012 12:51AM
Thanks for the info guys! I was facing the same situation and didn't know what to do with the laptop power adapter.

But I have a concern here, after cutting off the connector, stripping and connecting the wires to the screw terminals on the Sanguinololu board, would it be dangerous (electric shock?)?

My board comes with 2 screw terminals instead of ATX-4 power connectors. Both methods of connection are mentioned in the Sanguinololu wiki, but I'm still kind of worried as I'm not familiar with electronics.

Appreciate your advice thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login