Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CAD Files

Posted by nosomis 
CAD Files
February 21, 2007 12:12AM
Hi All,

I'm looking at building one of these bit by bit and substituting local parts as I go. Does anyone have a CAD file of the REPRAP machine.
I'm a designer and it would be easier to try/test on a pc.
From the pix, it looks like the model has been modelled on CATIA.
Is this correct ?

Thanks.
sai
Re: CAD Files
February 21, 2007 12:30AM
Sorry, which pictures are you referring to? A lot of the parts are developed in AoI. The parts are still being finalised, but stay tuned.
February 22, 2007 12:20AM
i've wondered this myself some times... i've seen 3d renderings from Ed, but it would be nice to have that stuff accessible on the web. i'd imagine once we get close to the 1.0 release, we'll move more and more of that stuff into the light.

feel free to attempt and document stuff in an open format. i'll even help you get it up on the wiki.
February 23, 2007 04:26PM
I think you are talking about the Darwin render. They have mentionned a couple of times that they were using SolidEdge as their cad software. As a solid edge user myself, it really looks like a solidedge render. It would be nice to have access to the SEcad files by the way.
February 24, 2007 08:31PM
i agree. that type of document should definitely be put into subversion, even if it isnt in a finished state. dont let ed get all the fun.
February 28, 2007 07:00PM
Yes - we're designing Dawin using Solid Edge for speed initially, then we'll convert it (non automatically...) into AoI. It's in the Subversion repository in the Miscellaneous section.
March 02, 2007 02:40PM
I've converted the Darwin corner bracket into AoI format. Where d'ya want it?

Vik :v)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login